Fri, 27 Oct|
The Thirsty Giraffe
Trick or Treat Halloween Walk 2023
A spine-tingling good time that's perfect for the entire family!
Time & Location
27 Oct 2023, 18:00 – 20:00
The Thirsty Giraffe, The Thirsty Giraffe, R40, Hoedspruit, 1380, South Africa
About the event
Prepare for a thrilling and family-friendly Halloween experience! Get ready to put on your spookiest Halloween costumes (it's a must for maximum fun) because the best-dressed participants will have a chance to win an awesome prize.
Grab your flashlight and join us for an eerie yet delightful trick-or-treat adventure as you navigate through the bush in search of treats, accompanied by spine-chilling scares from our ghoulish volunteers. The main trail spans 3km, but we also offer a 1km alternative route for younger participants. All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult, and please note that no pets are allowed this time.
Registration and check-in will begin at 6:00 pm, with the Halloween trail officially commencing at 6:30 pm. For safety reasons, latecomers will not be allowed to participate once the last participant has left the starting line.
- Entry fee is R60 per person.
- Walk-ins are welcome, but we highly recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Cash is the preferred payment method, but we will have card facilities available on the day for an additional fee of R5 per swipe to cover charges.
- Entry Glow Bracelet*
- Haunted trail (1km or 3km)
- Entry into the Best Dressed Competition with a chance to win a Portable Outdoor Party Karaoke & Bluetooth Speaker!!
For the kids: Trick or Treat Candy & a reusable Halloween Collection Bucket*
For the adults: Sour Screamer shooter* (contains alcohol, for ages 18 and above only)
*Limited quantity available
To enhance your Halloween adventure, make the most of Thirsty Giraffe's fantastic restaurant, and stay for the rugby match at 9 pm. Be sure to book a table in advance by contacting 081 030 4568 to avoid disappointment, as they will be busy!
The best part? All proceeds directly support local conservation non-profits, including the Scales Conservation Fund, ReWild Rehabilitation Centre, Pangolin Rescue Fund, and Kogelberg Biosphere Wildlife Rescue.
We can't wait to see you there!
We do not take responsibility for nightmares or screams; every parent has their own methods and standards.
- The shorter 1km route is designed for younger participants and includes milder scares.
- As the trail progresses beyond 1km, scares will gradually increase in intensity, with the most frightening experiences reserved for the end of the trail.
What to Bring:
- A flashlight
- Prepare for all weather conditions, as this is an outdoor event.
- A smile :)
Can I Bring Food?
- No, unfortunately, you can't. You're more than welcome to purchase food from the restaurant.
- Yes, you can bring your own water.
Can I Bring My Own Alcohol?
- No, unfortunately, you can't. You're welcome to purchase drinks from the bar.
- This is an outdoor event, so there's no roof, and it will proceed rain or shine.
- We can only make preparations up to the day before the event.
- When you purchase a ticket to an outdoor event, you accept that it will take place regardless of the weather.
- The event will only be cancelled in the event of a heavy downpour. If you don't receive a cancellation notification via email, you can assume the walk is going ahead as planned.
- Please dispose of your waste in the provided bins. Littering is not allowed.
Can We Buy Drinks and Food at the Event?
- Yes, Thirsty Giraffe's wonderful restaurant will be open until 9 pm. They will also be showing the rugby consolation match at 9pm.
- Ensure you book a table in advance by contacting 081 030 4568 to avoid disappointment, as they will be busy!
How much of my entry fee actually goes to these charities?
- The event is managed by volunteers and all effort is made to secure sponsors to cover the cost of event expenses.
- In the event that not all expenses can be covered by sponsors, these costs are redeemed from Ticket Sales
- All event profits are divided equally between all beneficiaries.